Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong at the worst possible moment.
Beware, college football fans. The eleventh week of the season could change everything. Not because there is a great number of match-ups of ranked teams or anything, but because of Mr. Murphy.
There are six undefeated teams remaining in the FBS. Two of them (Florida and Alabama) will eventually play each other, but there could still be five unbeaten teams at season's end.
Imagine the chaos! Five undefeated teams? There could be two BCS match-ups of unbeatens with another squad to spare. To say the BCS committee would be given hell does not even begin to describe it. The BCS needs a little help from Mr. Murphy.
GEORGIA TECH 34, Duke 28
- Duke will score points, but they won't be able to keep the Jackets from scoring more.
TENNESSEE 24, Mississippi 14
- The Rebels have yet to impress anyone against a top-notch defense. Monte Kiffin will have the Vols ready to win.
WAKE FOREST 28, Florida State 25
- Virginia native E.J. Manuel gets his first start in place of the injured Christian Ponder. That's one reason to keep an eye on that one.
VIRGINIA TECH 27, Maryland 6
- Maryland's starting quarterback Chris Turner is not expected to play; Ryan Williams is. Too bad for the Terps.
FLORIDA 31, South Carolina 10
- Is Steve Spurrier really an offensive genius? It doesn't look that way anymore.
STANFORD 31, USC 28
- Stanford's offense is better than USC's, seriously.
OHIO STATE 35, Iowa 7
- After Ricky Stanzi went down last week, the Hawkeyes could hardly move the ball against Northwestern, The Buckeyes have a bit more defensive talent than the Wildcats.
MIAMI 24, North Carolina 13
- The Hurricanes healed their offensive wounds last week with a beatdown of Virginia. They continue to roll today.
ARIZONA 38, California 21
- No Jahvid Best means Arizona will cruise tonight.
AUBURN 30, Georgia 23
- Mark Richt is a very, very good football coach. Some of his fan base is beginning to wonder about that.
OKLAHOMA 34, Texas A & M 31
- The Aggies offense is good enough to scare Oklahoma, but the Sooners just can't lose two straight games.
TCU 24, Utah 17
- The Utes have not lost to TCU since 2005, but Fort Worth has been waiting for this game since the end of last season.
PITTSBURGH 31, Notre Dame 28
- The Irish are great at heart-stopping endings, but Pittsburgh's offense might be the best they've faced all season.
OKLAHOMA STATE 38, Texas Tech 35
- The last team with the ball will win this game.
TULSA 34, East Carolina 27 (Sunday, 8:00 p.m.)
- The Golden Hurricanes have come dangerously close to beating Boise State and Houston. East Carolina is a step below those programs, and Tulsa gets its big win.
Last week: 6-10
This week: 63-28