CLEMSON 28, South Carolina 17
· C.J. Spiller will be too much for the Gamecock defense to handle; Clemson’s defensive line will force Stephen Garcia into too many mistakes
NORTH CAROLINA 31, NC State 6
· The Wolfpack offense has had enough struggles already before learning this week that offensive coordinator Dana Bible has been diagnosed with cancer.
WAKE FOREST 31, Duke 28
· Both teams’ postseason hopes are dashed, and it’s the swan song for two great quarterbacks in Riley Skinner and Thaddeus Lewis.
OLE MISS 30, Mississippi State 24
· Don’t be shocked if the Bulldogs pull off the upset, they’ve been close several times this year, but the Rebels are playing their best football of the season right now.
OKLAHOMA STATE 38, Oklahoma 21
· Even with Zac Robinson’s status up in the air, the Cowboys are thrilled with the chance to stomp an already beaten down Sooner bunch.
FLORIDA 35, Florida State 14
· This game could have been much more dangerous for the Gators if ‘Noles quarterback Christian Ponder was healthy.
VIRGINIA TECH 34, Virginia 20
· The Cavaliers pulled some tricks out of their bag last week, and head coach Al Groh says they have more where that came from. Sounds like the Cavs are going to pull out all the stops in what in all likelihood will be Groh’s final game in Charlottesville.
SOUTH FLORIDA 24, Miami 22
· All signs are pointing towards a Bulls’ upset. For more reasons, see the previous blog entry.
ARIZONA 35, Arizona State 28
· The Wildcats lost their shot at a first-ever Rose Bowl when they collapsed late last week against Oregon. Still, a win over the hated Sun Devils would take most of the sour taste from their mouths.
BOSTON COLLEGE 33, Maryland 28
· The Terps have been the ACC’s worst team this season, no question. However, they have still given some teams fits, and the Eagles aren’t exactly the conference juggernaut.
BYU 38, Utah 30
· This is the battle of the also-rans in the Mountain West; both were manhandled by TCU in hyped-up showdowns. Max Hall’s arm is the difference in an underrated rivalry today.
WASHINGTON 42, Washington State 21
· This could be a tricky game for the Huskies, but the Cougars simply have no firepower to go up with anyone in the FBS.
ARKANSAS 30, LSU 27
· This game could send two coaches in opposite directions. Bobby Petrino needs this win to be a springboard for his program’s revival. Les Miles needs this win to keep himself in good standing with Tiger Nation.
GEORGIA TECH 38, Georgia 24
· If this were in Athens, the Bulldogs might have a shot, but Tech is simply the much better team in this game.
STANFORD 42, Notre Dame 39
· Not too many people are giving the Irish a chance in this game, but don’t forget Jimmy Clausen is still under center, and he still gets to throw to Golden Tate and Michael Floyd. Toby Gerhart will run wild on the atrocious Notre Dame defense. All five Irish losses this season have come by a touchdown or less.
Last week: 9-4
Overall: 81-38 (68%)