OHIO STATE 35, Michigan 20
· One of the greatest rivalries in all of sports will come up short on suspense today. Will this be Rich Rodriguez’s swansong?
MIAMI 38, Duke 28
· Duke lost its confidence after a 49-10 shellacking at the hands of Georgia Tech a week ago.
NORTH CAROLINA 24, Boston College 14
· The Eagles have trouble against teams with great defenses.
OKLAHOMA 37, Texas Tech 21
· After being held without a touchdown for the first time in over a decade, all the Sooners did was drop 65 points on Texas A & M the following week.
NOTRE DAME 23, Connecticut 20
· The Huskies just seem to lose heartbreakers week after week; Charlie Weis needs to win to have any hope of keeping his job.
LSU 30, Mississippi 21
· The Rebels might be the biggest disappointment of the season.
PENN STATE 23, Michigan State 16
· The Spartans will lose control of this one in the second half, giving way to the Lions
VIRGINIA TECH 42, NC State 17
· The Wolfpack’s defense might be worse than Maryland’s.
NORTHWESTERN 24, Wisconsin 20
· Upset Special: the Wildcats are flying under the radar, and Pat Fitzgerald is the most underrated coach in the country.
TENNESSEE 33, Vanderbilt 20
· This one will be a boring contest, and the Commodores just won’t have enough firepower to keep up.
STANFORD 38, California 30
· Toby Gerhart needs to be a Heisman finalist, period.
TEXAS 44, Kansas 14
· The Longhorns are on cruise control the rest of the way and are a near-lock for the national championship.
OREGON 34, Arizona 31
· The Wildcats will lose a stunner in a valiant effort; both teams control their own destiny in the Pac-10 race.
Last week: 9-6
Overall: 72-34 (68%)